Friday, April 25, 2008

Fucking white boy...

In my job I have to go to a lot of different schools and work with a lot of different kids. They’re different because they’re gifted-- we’re a strange breed.

Anyway, I also have to go to a lot of different schools for a lot of different meetings. The gifted folks like their meetings. But since I’m not really that gifted, I really don’t care for all the meetings. But that’s a mute point, isn’t it.

I hate meetings.

So, I roll up into the neighborhood today where I have meeting. It’s a nice day, so I have the radio cranked (not to NPR) and I’ve got my windows down.

I should mention here that I sometimes forget that I’m white, because I typically work with all black folks. And I forget, because I don’t really realize. Until someone points it out. And they do, because black folk (and I might be stereotyping) like to point out to white folk that they're white.

Like today, while I was stopped at a stop sign, with the windows down, and the radio cranked.

“Get out of my fucking neighborhood you fucking white boy.”

I look to my left and this woman is coming at me with a broom. (Would it be racist of me to mention that she was of African decent?) She was.

There are cars passing in front of me, so there is not place for me to go. Not sure what to do, I hold up my school badge and press the button to roll up the windows.

Aren’t automatic windows the coolest! And the door auto-door-clicker rocks, too!

This stops here dead in her tracks (The school badge, not the window).

“Oh sorry, mister! You’re cool.”

That’s right. Teachers represent!

0 Babble-Backs:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online