Tuesday, April 8, 2008

After school hours...

Today I was asked to write a statement to future first year teachers in my district. I guess since I'm in my second-year, I'm an expert. Ha!

Here's what I got so far:

Make your “personal best” your goal, but realize that you are working in the most volatile of environments. There will be nothing more unpredictable than the children, but more so, the adults. A well thought-out and engaging lesson plan is your great anchor, but riding the waves is where you’ll need to be most comfortable. Loosen up, expect the unexpected, and find the lessons, and humor, in the many failures you will inevitably make. Breathe. Stay positive. Don’t raise your voice. Claim one day for yourself. And teach your kids to clean your classroom. It will save your many after school hours!

0 Babble-Backs:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online